Jump to Main Content
- Deziel, Nicole C.; Nuckols, John R.; Jones, Rena R.; Graubard, Barry I.; De Roos, Anneclaire J.; Pronk, Anjoeka; Gourley, Chris; Colt, Joanne S.; Ward, Mary H.
- The Science of the total environment 2017 v.580 pp. 1276-1286
- cement, etc ; burning; case-control studies; coal; databases; demographic statistics; dust; electricity; emissions; environmental protection; exposure pathways; global positioning systems; hazardous waste; humans; incinerators; kilns; meteorological data; municipal solid waste; non-Hodgkin lymphoma; polychlorinated dibenzodioxins; polychlorinated dibenzofurans; regression analysis; risk; sewage sludge; toxicity; Iowa; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Proximity to facilities emitting polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDD/F) has been associated with increased risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). There is limited information about whether proximity to industrial sources leads to indoor PCDD/F contamination of homes. We measured carpet dust concentrations (pg/g) of 17 toxic PCDD/F congeners and calculated their t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Deziel, N.C.; Nuckols, J.R.; Colt, J.S.; De Roos, A.J.; Pronk, A.; Gourley, C.; Severson, R.K.; Cozen, W.; Cerhan, J.R.; Hartge, P.; Ward, M.H.
- The Science of the total environment 2012 v.433 pp. 516-522
- cement, etc ; Environmental Protection Agency; bags; case-control studies; dust; environmental exposure; freight; gas chromatography; kilns; mass spectrometry; models; non-Hodgkin lymphoma; polychlorinated dibenzodioxins; polychlorinated dibenzofurans; power plants; regression analysis; residential housing; roads; sewage sludge; toxicity; traffic; Iowa; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Determinants of levels of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDD/F) in dust in U.S. homes are not well characterized. We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the relationship between concentrations of PCDD/F in house dust and residential proximity to known sources, including industrial facilities and traffic. Samples from vacuum bag dust from homes of 40 residents ...
- PubMed Central: