Jump to Main Content
- Villa, Federica, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.659 pp. 342-353
- Cyanobacteria; adenosine triphosphate; biofilm; biomass; color; habitats; reactive oxygen species
- ... Cyanobacteria can grow as biofilms, communities that colonize surfaces and that play a fundamental role in the ecology of many diverse habitats and in the conversion of industrial production to green platforms. Although biofilm growth is known to be significantly affected by several characteristics, the effect of colour surface is an overlooked aspect that has not yet been investigated. In this st ...
- Villa, Federica, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.639 pp. 1480-1490
- X-ray diffraction; biodegradation; biofilm; biomass; confocal laser scanning microscopy; electron microscopy; environmental exposure; fluorescence; habitats; microorganisms; microstructure; Italy
- ... Stone architectural heritage exposed outdoor represents a challenging habitat for biological growths; nevertheless, biocolonization on heritage structure is ubiquitous and represents a major mechanism of alteration. However, the identification of specific microorganisms with known reactivity towards the stone substrate does not necessarily imply that a biodeterioration process is in progress and, ...