Jump to Main Content
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017 v.599-600 pp. 1802-1812
- carbon cycle; dissolved organic matter; drought; flooded conditions; floods; fluorescence; rivers; spatial variation
- ... Understanding DOM transport and reactivity in rivers is essential to having a complete picture of the global carbon cycle. In this study, we explore the effects of hydrological variability and downstream transport on dissolved organic matter (DOM) dynamics in a Mediterranean river. We sampled the main stem of the river Tordera from the source to the sea, over a range of fifteen hydrological condit ...
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.619-620 pp. 328-337
- aquatic ecosystems; aquatic environment; aquatic organisms; carbon nanotubes; ecotoxicology; fullerene; graphene; physicochemical properties; pollutants; sorbents; toxicity; uncertainty
- ... An increasing amount of carbon-based nanomaterials (CNM) (mostly fullerenes, carbon nanotubes and graphene) has been observed in aquatic systems over the last years. However, the potential toxicity of these CNM on aquatic ecosystems remains unclear. This paper reviews the existing literature on the toxic effects of CNM in aquatic organisms as well as the toxic effects of CNM through influencing th ...