Jump to Main Content
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 pp. 133583
- agricultural soils; aquatic ecosystems; aquatic environment; base flow; geophysics; glacial deposits; hydrochemistry; intensive farming; landscapes; leaching; nitrogen; pollution load; public health; space and time; surface water; watersheds
- ... Nitrogen (N) leaching caused by agricultural activities is one of the major threats to the aquatic ecosystems and public health. Moving from the agricultural soils through the subsurface and reemerging to the surface water, N undergoes various biogeochemical reactions along pathways in the subsurface, which occur heterogeneously in space and time. Thus to improve our understanding on the fate and ...
- Hansen, Birgitte, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2014 v.493 pp. 432-444
- Adequate Intakes; World Health Organization; adolescents; adults; aquifers; chalk; drinking water; food intake; groundwater; groundwater extraction; human health; humans; iodates; iodides; iodine; models; monitoring; sand; snowmelt; water supply; water utilities; Denmark
- ... Iodine is essential for human health. Many countries have therefore introduced universal salt iodising (USI) programmes to ensure adequate intake for the populations. However, little attention has been paid to subnational differences in iodine intake from drinking water caused by naturally occurring spatial variations. To address this issue, we here present the results of a Danish nationwide study ...