Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Yuying, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019
- acute effects; air pollutants; air pollution; air quality; atmospheric pressure; confidence interval; health effects assessments; models; morbidity; nitrogen dioxide; particulates; relative humidity; risk; sulfur dioxide; temperature; wind speed; China
- ... Most studies on the short-term health effects of air pollution have been conducted on a daily time scale, while hourly associations remain unclear.We collected the hourly data of emergency ambulance calls (EACs), ambient air pollution, and meteorological variables from 2014 to 2016 in Luoyang, a central Chinese city in Henan Province. We used a generalized additive model to estimate the hourly eff ...
- Liu, Yuying, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.664 pp. 616-625
- Archaea; Nitrosospira; Sedum; agricultural soils; ammonia; biochemical pathways; biogeochemical cycles; cadmium; exudation; genes; heavy metals; least squares; messenger RNA; microbial communities; models; nitrification; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; nitrogen-fixing bacteria; oxidation; phylogeny; phytoaccumulation; planting date; polluted soils; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rhizosphere; ribosomal RNA; root exudates; soil nutrients; zinc
- ... Phytoextraction is an attractive strategy for remediation of soils contaminated by heavy metal (HM), yet the effects of this practice on biochemical processes involved in soil nutrient cycling remain unknown. Here we investigated the impact of successive phytoextraction with a Cd/Zn co-hyperaccumulator Sedum alfredii (Crassulaceae) on potential nitrification rates (PNRs), abundance and composition ...