Jump to Main Content
- Pezzuolo, Andrea, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.710 pp. 136345
- European Union; climate change; development policy; farmers; farmers' attitudes; farming systems; funding; motivation; no-tillage; rural development; surveys; Italy
- ... The EU rural development policy has addressed challenges related to climate change in agriculture by introducing public voluntary schemes, which financially support the adoption of climate-smart agricultural practices. Several factors, most of which are non-financial ones, drive adoption and continuation of these schemes by farmers. Despite the importance of these factors, only a few studies explo ...
- Pezzuolo, Andrea, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.545-546 pp. 227-235
- crop models; ecosystem services; electrical resistance; fertilizer rates; income; landscape position; landscapes; leaching; nitrates; nitrogen fertilizers; simulation models; soil heterogeneity; sowing; variable rate application; yield mapping; Italy
- ... Agronomic input and management practices have traditionally been applied uniformly on agricultural fields despite the presence of spatial variability of soil properties and landscape position. When spatial variability is ignored, uniform agronomic management can be both economically and environmentally inefficient. The objectives of this study were to: i) identify optimal N fertilizer rates using ...