Jump to Main Content
- Sonne, Anne Th.; Rasmussen, Jes J.; Höss, Sebastian; Traunspurger, Walter; Bjerg, Poul L.; McKnight, Ursula S.
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.642 pp. 1153-1162
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; arsenic; ecosystem services; environmental degradation; environmental health; environmental impact; groundwater; hydrogeology; hyporheic zone; iron; iron hydroxides; land use; risk assessment process; streams; toxicity; water management; xenobiotics; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Freshwaters are among the most endangered ecosystems worldwide, due predominantly to excessive anthropogenic practices compromising the future provisioning of ecosystem services. Despite increased awareness of the role of multiple stressors in accounting for ecological degradation in mixed land-use stream systems, risk assessment approaches applicable in field settings are still required. This stu ...
- Colin, Nicole; Porte, Cinta; Fernandes, Denise; Barata, Carlos; Padrós, Francesc; Carrassón, Maite; Monroy, Mario; Cano-Rocabayera, Oriol; de Sostoa, Adolfo; Piña, Benjamín; Maceda-Veiga, Alberto
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.540 pp. 307-323
- endangered ecosystems, etc ; anthropogenic activities; anthropogenic stressors; bile; biodiversity; biomarkers; climate change; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; energy; experimental design; fish; food webs; health status; histopathology; indicator species; indigenous species; issues and policy; macroinvertebrates; managers; metabolites; monitoring; mutagens; rivers; statistical analysis; surface water; tracer techniques; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Mediterranean rivers are probably one of the most singular and endangered ecosystems worldwide due to the presence of many endemic species and a long history of anthropogenic impacts. Besides a conservation value per se, biodiversity is related to the services that ecosystems provide to society and the ability of these to cope with stressors, including climate change. Using macro-invertebrates and ...