Jump to Main Content
- Boehm, Jeffrey D.; Zhang, Mingyi; Cai, Xiwen; Morris, Craig F.
- The The Plant Genome 2017 v.10 no.3
- Triticum aestivum; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; chromosome translocation; cultivars; durum wheat; genotype; genotyping; germplasm; hardness; in situ hybridization; loci; markets; seeds; single nucleotide polymorphism; texture
- ... The durum wheat (Triticum turgidum ssp. durum (Desf.) Husn.) cultivar Soft Svevo with a soft kernel texture was developed through a Ph1b-mediated homoeologous 5DS–5BS chromosomal translocation. The soft kernel trait (Hardness locus) derived from chromosome 5D of the common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivar Chinese Spring. Soft Svevo was used as the donor parent to create near-isogenic soft dur ...
- Braun, Sarah R.; Endelman, Jeffrey B.; Haynes, Kathleen G.; Jansky, Shelley H.
- The The Plant Genome 2017 v.10 no.3 pp. 1-9
- Solanum chacoense; Solanum tuberosum; carbohydrate metabolism; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; cold; cultivars; diploidy; disease resistance; field experimentation; fungal diseases of plants; genes; genetic markers; germplasm; potatoes; progeny; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; surface area; tubers; vines; wild relatives
- ... The development of germplasm with resistance to common scab and cold-induced sweetening is a high priority for the potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) industry. A mapping population was developed from mating two individuals of a diploid family generated by crossing the susceptible cultivated potato clone US-W4 to the highly resistant wild relative (Solanum chacoense Bitter) clone ‘524–8’. Progeny ...