Jump to Main Content
- Sanson, R. L.; Gloster, J.; Burgin, L.
- The Veterinary record 2011 v.169 no.13 pp. 336
- airborne transmission; disease outbreaks; dispersions; farm area; farms; foot-and-mouth disease; geographic information systems; incubation period; models; probability; probit analysis; regression analysis; viruses; weather; United Kingdom
- ... The aims of this study were to statistically reassess the likelihood that windborne spread of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) virus (FMDV) occurred at the start of the UK 1967 to 1968 FMD epidemic at Oswestry, Shropshire, and to derive dose-response probability of infection curves for farms exposed to airborne FMDV. To enable this, data on all farms present in 1967 in the parishes near Oswestry were ...
- Forster, K.; Anderson, D.; Yool, D. A.; Wright, C.; Burrow, R.
- The Veterinary record 2011 v.169 no.13 pp. 337
- cats; dogs; hernia; hospitals; spaying
- ... To report the signalment, history, clinical signs, diagnostic and surgical findings and outcome in dogs and cats with retained swabs, medical records of dogs and cats that were referred to four referral centres were reviewed. Cases in which a retained surgical swab was identified during surgery at the referral hospital were selected for further study. The signalment, history, clinical signs, diagn ...