Jump to Main Content
- Baladrón, Alejandro V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Wilson journal of ornithology 2017 v.129 no.1 pp. 62-70
- Athene cunicularia; agroecosystems; anthropogenic activities; birds; breeding; dunes; habitats; land cover; land use; landscapes; nesting; nesting sites; open space; reproductive performance; vegetation; Argentina
- ... Habitat modifications have led many bird species to occupy areas with different characteristics, including human-altered landscapes. In this study, we analyzed how land use influences the nest-site selection at the microscale level by Burrowing Owls (Athene cunicularia) breeding in vegetated sand dunes, periurban areas, and agroecosystems in the Pampas of Argentina. We compared the characteristics ...
- Baladrón, Alejandro V., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The Wilson journal of ornithology 2013 v.125 no.3 pp. 650-655
- Circus; Vanellus chilensis; birds of prey; kleptoparasitism; Argentina; Pampas region
- ... In this study, we evaluated the interspecific agonistic responses of raptors and non-raptors, elicited by the presence of five raptor species (Circus cinereus, C. buffoni, Rupornis magnirostris, Elanus leucurus, and Geranoaetus melanoleucus) in the Pampas region of Argentina. We registered 62 agonistic interaction events, most of them involving two raptor species (58%). During these events we regi ...