Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Hao; Liu, Hailang; Hou, Danping; Zhou, Yilei; Liu, Mengzhu; Wang, Zhiqin; Liu, Lijun; Gu, Junfei; Yang, Jianchang
- The crop journal 2019 v.7 no.4 pp. 444-457
- spikelets, etc ; Oryza sativa; acetic acids; biomass; crop management; farmers; fertilizer application; field experimentation; grain yield; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; hemorrhage; methane; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; oxidation; paddies; rice; root exudates; root growth; roots; shoots; surface area; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... In previous studies, integrative crop management (ICM) improved shoot growth and grain yield of rice (Oryza sativa L.). However, little is known about the effect of ICM on root growth and methane (CH4) emission of paddy rice. In this study, two rice varieties, Wuyunjing 24 and Yongyou 2640, were grown. A field experiment was conducted with three crop management treatments including zero nitrogen f ...
- Wu, Chao; Cui, Kehui; Hu, Qiuqian; Wang, Wencheng; Nie, Lixiao; Huang, Jianliang; Peng, Shaobing
- The crop journal 2019 v.7 no.3 pp. 335-349
- spikelets, etc ; Oryza sativa; cultivars; dehiscence; females; flowering; global warming; grain yield; heat stress; heat tolerance; panicles; pollen; reproductive success; rice; stigma; temperature; thermosensitivity; viability; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... With global warming, rice plants may be subjected to heat stress more regularly during the heat-sensitive flowering stage, causing spikelet sterility and grain yield loss. Stigma exsertion is considered to increase pollen reception and promote female reproductive success. The aim of this study was to investigate the role of stigma exsertion on spikelet fertility at high temperatures. Five rice cul ...