Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Hong-Quan; Gao, Dong
- The international journal of biochemistry & cell biology 2018 v.100 pp. 22-29
- Western blotting; apoptosis; cell lines; cell proliferation; cell viability; flow cytometry; genes; humans; keratinocytes; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; skin (animal); squamous cell carcinoma
- ... Skin squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is a common, morbid, and frequently lethal malignancy and ranks as the sixth most deadly cancer worldwide. Hence, this study aims to explore the effect of microRNA-154 (miR-154) targeting WHSC1 on proliferation and apoptosis of SCC cells via the P53 signaling pathway.The targeting relationship between WHSC1 and miR-154 was validated using dual-luciferase reporter ...
- Zhao, Xianglong; Xu, Wangjie; Wu, Jiajie; Zhang, Dong; Abou-Shakra, Abdelrahman; Di, Ling; Wang, Zhaoxia; Wang, Lianyun; Yang, Fan; Qiao, Zhongdong
- The international journal of biochemistry & cell biology 2018 v.100 pp. 30-41
- Leydig cells; apoptosis; autophagy; cell lines; gene expression regulation; genes; methylation; mice; nicotine; phenotype; promoter regions; rapamycin; signal transduction; spermatids; staining; testosterone; transcriptome; transmission electron microscopy
- ... A new report has shown that nicotine exposure can decrease serum testosterone by apoptosis in Leydig cells; however, in our previous studies, we have almost never observed apoptosis there. The purpose of this study is to ensure whether apoptosis or autophagy in Leydig cells occurred. Our results confirmed again that the concentration of testosterone in the sera of nicotine-treated mice statistical ...