Jump to Main Content
- Nordelöf, Anders; Tillman, Anne-Marie
- The international journal of life cycle assessment 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 295-313
- aluminum; copper; cradle-to-gate; data collection; databases; electric vehicles; gate-to-gate; interviews; inventories; iron; life cycle inventory; magnetic materials; manufacturing; models; silicon; steel; system boundary; Sweden
- ... PURPOSE: A scalable life cycle inventory (LCI) model of a permanent magnet electrical machine, containing both design and production data, has been established. The purpose is to contribute with new and easy to use data for life cycle assessment (LCA) of electric vehicles by providing a scalable mass estimation and manufacturing inventory for a typical electrical automotive traction machine. The a ...
- Wender, BenA.; Prado, Valentina; Fantke, Peter; Ravikumar, Dwarakanath; Seager, ThomasP.
- The international journal of life cycle assessment 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 324-332
- Monte Carlo method; air; antioxidants; data collection; databases; ecotoxicology; emissions; experimental design; freshwater; life cycle assessment; managers; models; nicotinamide; parameter uncertainty; personal care products; prioritization; sediments; soil; toxicity; vapor pressure
- ... PURPOSE: Product developers using life cycle toxicity characterization models to understand the potential impacts of chemical emissions face serious challenges related to large data demands and high input data uncertainty. This motivates greater focus on model sensitivity toward input parameter variability to guide research efforts in data refinement and design of experiments for existing and emer ...