Jump to Main Content
- Ebensperger, Luis A.; Correa, Loreto A.; León, Cecilia; Ramírez‐Estrada, Juan; Abades, Sebastian; Villegas, Álvaro; Hayes, Loren D.
- The journal of animal ecology 2016 v.85 no.6 pp. 1502-1515
- breeding; females; genetic markers; group size; lactation; males; mortality; progeny; rearing; rodents; telemetry; trapping
- ... Group size may influence fitness benefits and costs that emerge from cooperative and competitive interactions in social species. However, evidence from plural breeding mammals indicates that group size is insufficient to explain variation in direct fitness, implying other attributes of social groups were overlooked. We studied the natural population of a social rodent during 5 years to test the hy ...
- Nougué, Odrade; Svendsen, Nils; Jabbour‐Zahab, Roula; Lenormand, Thomas; Chevin, Luis‐Miguel
- The journal of animal ecology 2016 v.85 no.6 pp. 1625-1635
- Artemia; acclimation; clones; habitats; life history; models; mortality; ontogeny; salinity
- ... Stressful environments affect life‐history components of fitness through (i) instantaneous detrimental effects, (ii) historical (carry‐over) effects and (iii) history‐by‐environment interactions, including acclimation effects. The relative contributions of these different responses to environmental stress are likely to change along life, but such ontogenic perspective is often overlooked in studie ...
- PubMed Central: