Jump to Main Content
- Prugh, Laura R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2017 v.86 no.2 pp. 262-272
- Coleoptera; Dipodomys; Formicidae; Orthoptera; Sciuridae; biocenosis; biodiversity; climate change; demography; ecosystems; fauna; grasslands; invertebrates; lizards; physiology; phytomass; pitfall traps; primary productivity; rodents; structural equation modeling; surveys; California
- ... Climate change is transforming precipitation regimes world‐wide. Changes in precipitation regimes are known to have powerful effects on plant productivity, but the consequences of these shifts for the dynamics of ecological communities are poorly understood. This knowledge gap hinders our ability to anticipate and mitigate the impacts of climate change on biodiversity. Precipitation may affect fau ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Prugh, Laura R., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The journal of animal ecology 2012 v.81 no.3 pp. 667-678
- Dipodomys; burrows; community structure; ecosystems; equations; grasslands; habitats; invertebrates; lizards; models; small mammals; California
- ... 1. Ecosystem engineers impact communities by altering habitat conditions, but they can also have strong effects through consumptive, competitive and other non‐engineering pathways. 2. Engineering effects can lead to fundamentally different community dynamics than non‐engineering effects, but the relative strengths of these interactions are seldom quantified. 3. We combined structural equation mode ...