Jump to Main Content
- Aliberti, Márlon J. R.; Covinsky, K. E.; Apolinario, D.; Lee, S. J.; Fortes-Filho, S. Q.; Melo, J. A.; Viana, S. S. C.; Suemoto, C. K.; Jacob-Filho, W.
- The journal of nutrition, health & aging 2019 v.23 no.3 pp. 286-290
- cohort studies; comorbidity; confidence interval; death; elderly; females; graphs; health services; hospitals; income; intravenous injection; laboratory experimentation; models; mortality; nationalities and ethnic groups; patients; prediction; radiology; regression analysis; risk factors; screening; sociodemographic characteristics; therapeutics; Brazil
- ... OBJECTIVES: To estimate whether a 10-minute Targeted Geriatric Assessment (10-TaGA) adds utility to sociodemographic characteristics and comorbidities in predicting one-year mortality in busy acute care settings. We have also compared the performance of 10-TaGA with the Identification of Seniors at Risk (ISAR) scale. DESIGN: Prospective cohort study. SETTING: Geriatric day hospital specializing in ...
- Meskers, C. G. M.; Reijnierse, E. M.; Numans, S. T.; Kruizinga, R. C.; Pierik, V. D.; van Ancum, J. M.; Slee-Valentijn, M.; Scheerman, K.; Verlaan, S.; Maier, Andrea B.
- The journal of nutrition, health & aging 2019 v.23 no.3 pp. 232-238
- elderly; females; hospitals; males; muscles; patients; Netherlands
- ... OBJECTIVES: Handgrip strength (HGS) and muscle mass are strong predictors for dependency in Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) in community dwelling older adults. Whether this also applies to older hospitalized patients is yet unknown. We studied the association between HGS and muscle mass with ADL and IADL dependency at admission and change of ADL ...