Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Yao; Fu, Shihui; Li, N.; Hu, F.; Zhang, H.; Zhu, Q.; Luan, F.; Zhang, F.; Zhao, Yali; He, Y.
- The journal of nutrition, health & aging 2019 v.23 no.2 pp. 165-171
- alcohols; blood sampling; blood serum; body mass index; education; exposure duration; females; fish consumption; lifestyle; males; parathyroid hormone; questionnaires; regression analysis; sociodemographic characteristics; tea (beverage); vitamin D; vitamin D deficiency; vitamin status; women; China
- ... OBJECTIVES: This study aims to investigate the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in Chinese centenarians and to identify the factors associated with vitamin D deficiency. DESIGN: Cross-sectional population-based study SETTING: Hainan province in the south of China. PARTICIPANTS: 943 subjects aged 100 years old and older. METHODS: Details on sociodemographics and lifestyle characteristics were col ...
- Chen, Q.; Hao, Q.; Ding, Y.; Dong, Birong
- The journal of nutrition, health & aging 2019 v.23 no.2 pp. 122-127
- body mass index; confidence interval; cross-sectional studies; elderly; gait; hospitals; men; muscle strength; muscles; patients; physical activity; prealbumin; regression analysis; sarcopenia; women; China
- ... OBJECTIVES: The goal of the present study was to assess the relationship between sarcopenia and prealbumin levels among hospitalized patients ages 60 and older. DESIGN: Cross-sectional study. SETTING: The geriatric wards in Guizhou Provincial People’s Hospital, Guiyang. Guizhou, China. MEASUREMENTS: Sarcopenia was defined according to the Asian Working Group for Sarcopenia (AWGS) criteria, which c ...