Jump to Main Content
- Ayyildiz, H. Filiz; Kara, Huseyin
- The journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 549-558
- absorbance; corn; corn oil; detection limit; fatty acid composition; flow injection analysis; high performance liquid chromatography; monitoring; neutralization; oleic acid; pretreatment; solvents; temperature
- ... In the present study, a new flow injection (FI) methodology for determination of free fatty acid (FFA) content in corn oil samples is proposed. The proposed method is based on monitoring the absorbance changes at 580 nm, λₘₐₓ, as a result of neutralization of FFA in oil samples by KOH in the reagent. The analyses were performed with a single-line FI manifold system created by modification of high ...
- Wang, Xiao-qin; Liang, Xing-qiu; Zhao, Jun; Huang, Bing-bing
- The journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 629-639
- absorbance; cluster analysis; cultivars; free radical scavengers; genetic relationships; hydroperoxides; oxygen radical absorbance capacity; phenols; principal component analysis; rutin; seed oils; seeds; tea; variance; China
- ... Cultivar characterization of tea seed oils based on their active components and antioxidant capacity was carried out, providing fundamental data for authentication. The seeds were collected from 28 cultivars grown under the same conditions in the region of Anxi county of Fujian province and their oils were analyzed. The results showed that total phenols content (TPC), total flavonoids content, α-t ...