Jump to Main Content
- Toledo, David; Abbott, Laurie B.; Herrick, Jeffrey E.
- The journal of wildlife management 2008 v.72 no.2 pp. 564
- poles; equipment design; vegetation structure; wildlife management; habitats
- ... Cover poles, also called Robel poles, are used to measure a variety of structural vegetation attributes commonly used in wildlife and livestock management. Although cover pole dimensions, measurement criteria, and interpretation of cover pole data vary depending on measurement objectives, the technical use of cover poles is fairly consistent. Practical use of cover poles requires that they are stu ...
- Mougeot, Francois; Moseley, Mark; Leckie, Fiona; Martinez-Padilla, Jesus; Miller, Allen; Pounds, Mat; Irvine, R. Justin
- The journal of wildlife management 2008 v.72 no.2 pp. 468
- Ixodes ricinus; Lagopus lagopus scoticus; chicks; disease vectors; females; field experimentation; game birds; grouse; hosts; human diseases; new methods; permethrin; pest control; sheep; ticks; United Kingdom
- ... Ticks are important arthropod vectors of diseases of human, livestock, and wildlife hosts. In the United Kingdom, the sheep tick (Ixodes ricinus) is increasingly recognized as a main limiting factor of red grouse (Lagopus lagopus) populations, a game bird of high economic value. We evaluated the effectiveness of a new practical technique that could help managers reduce negative impacts of ticks on ...