Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Kexuan, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- The new phytologist 2017 v.214 no.1 pp. 304-316
- Artemisia annua; abscisic acid; artemisinin; beta-glucuronidase; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; genes; jasmonic acid; staining; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; trichomes
- ... Artemisinin is a type of sesquiterpene lactone well known as an antimalarial drug, and is specifically produced in glandular trichomes of Artemisia annua. However, the regulatory network for the artemisinin biosynthetic pathway remains poorly understood. Exploration of trichome‐specific transcription factors would facilitate the elucidation of regulatory mechanism of artemisinin biosynthesis. The ...
- Tang, Kexuan, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- The new phytologist 2017 v.213 no.3 pp. 1145-1155
- Artemisia annua; artemisinin; homeodomain proteins; jasmonic acid; metabolites; plant growth; plant hormones; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; trichomes
- ... Glandular trichomes are generally considered biofactories that produce valuable chemicals. Increasing glandular trichome density is a very suitable way to improve the productivity of these valuable metabolites, but little is known about the regulation of glandular trichome formation. Phytohormone jasmonate (JA) promotes glandular trichome initiation in various plants, but its mechanism is also unk ...