Jump to Main Content
- Plett, Jonathan M.; Khachane, Amit; Ouassou, Malika; Sundberg, Björn; Kohler, Annegret; Martin, Francis
- The new phytologist 2014 v.202 no.1 pp. 270-286
- Laccaria bicolor; Populus; cell walls; ectomycorrhizae; ethylene; fungi; genes; hormones; jasmonic acid; microbial growth; plant response; plant tissues; roots; salicylic acid; symbionts; transcription factors; vigor
- ... The plant hormones ethylene, jasmonic acid and salicylic acid have interconnecting roles during the response of plant tissues to mutualistic and pathogenic symbionts. We used morphological studies of transgenic‐ or hormone‐treated Populus roots as well as whole‐genome oligoarrays to examine how these hormones affect root colonization by the mutualistic ectomycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolor S238N ...
- Walker, Jennifer K. M.; Cohen, Hannah; Higgins, Logan M.; Kennedy, Peter G.
- The new phytologist 2014 v.202 no.1 pp. 287-296
- Alnus rubra; Frankia; Pseudotsuga menziesii; acid phosphatase; bacteria; community structure; ectomycorrhizae; enzyme activity; forest soils; fungal communities; fungi; hosts; leucyl aminopeptidase; root tips
- ... Alnus trees associate with ectomycorrhizal (ECM) fungi and nitrogen‐fixing Frankia bacteria and, although their ECM fungal communities are uncommonly host specific and species poor, it is unclear whether the functioning of Alnus ECM fungal symbionts differs from that of other ECM hosts. We used exoenzyme root tip assays and molecular identification to test whether ECM fungi on Alnus rubra differed ...