Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Ju-You; Qu, Hai-Yong; Shang, Zhong-Lin; Tao, Shu-Tian; Xu, Guo-Hua; Wu, Jun; Wu, Hua-Qing; Zhang, Shao-Ling
- The new phytologist 2011 v.189 no.4 pp. 1060-1068
- pollen tubes, etc ; NADP (coenzyme); Pyrus pyrifolia; carbon monoxide; heme; metabolism; pears; pollen; potassium; probability; protoplasts; protoporphyrin; tin; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... • The regulation of plant potassium (K⁺) channels has been extensively studied in various systems. However, the mechanism of their regulation in the pollen tube is unclear. • In this study, the effects of heme and carbon monoxide (CO) on the outward K⁺ (K⁺ out) channel in pear (Pyrus pyrifolia) pollen tube protoplasts were characterized using a patch-clamp technique. • Heme (1 μM) decreased the pr ...
- Zhang, Yi; Xiao, Yingyu; Du, Fei; Cao, Lijuan; Dong, Huaijian; Ren, Haiyun
- The new phytologist 2011 v.190 no.3 pp. 667-682
- pollen tubes, etc ; Arabidopsis; calcium; fluorescence; recombinant proteins; transfer DNA; microfilaments; pollen; spectroscopy; root growth; actin; fluorescence microscopy; cytoplasmic streaming; tobacco; plant proteins; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... • Villin is one of the major actin filament bundling proteins in plants. The function of Arabidopsis VILLINs (AtVLNs) is still poorly understood in living cells. In this report, the biochemical activity and cellular function of AtVLN4 were examined. • The biochemical property of AtVLN4 was characterized by co-sedimentation assays, fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy of pyrene fluorescence. Th ...