Jump to Main Content
- Rivarola, Maximo.; Chan, Agnes P.; Liebke, David E.; Melake-Berhan, Admasu.; Quan, Hui.; Cheung, Foo.; Ouyang, Shu.; Folta, Kevin M.; Slovin, Janet P.; Rabinowicz, Pablo D.
- The plant genome 2011 v.4 no.1 pp. 12
- Fragaria vesca; diploidy; expressed sequence tags; abiotic stress; gene expression; models; Rosaceae; genomics; transcriptome; transcription (genetics)
- ... Strawberry (spp.) is a eudicotyledonous plant that belongs to the Rosaceae family, which includes other agronomically important plants such as raspberry (L.) and several tree-fruit species. Despite the vital role played by cultivated strawberry in agriculture, few stress-related gene expression characterizations of this crop are available. To increase the diversity of available transcriptome seque ...
- von Zitzewitz, Jarislav; Cuesta-Marcos, Alfonso; Condon, Federico; Castro, Ariel J.; Chao, Shiaoman; Corey, Ann; Filichkin, Tanya; Fisk, Scott P.; Gutierrez, Lucia; Haggard, Kale; Karsai, Ildikó; Muehlbauer, Gary J.; Smith, Kevin P.; Veisz, Otto; Hayes*, Patrick M.
- The plant genome 2011 v.4 no.1 pp. 76
- Hordeum vulgare subsp. vulgare; alleles; barley; breeding lines; cultivars; germplasm; growth habit; loci; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; vernalization; winter hardiness
- ... Winterhardiness is a complex trait that involves low temperature tolerance (LTT), vernalization sensitivity, and photoperiod sensitivity. Quantitative trait loci (QTL) for these traits were first identified using biparental mapping populations; candidate genes for all loci have since been identified and characterized. In this research we used a set of 148 accessions consisting of advanced breeding ...