Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Zhenhua; Li, Juan; Wang, Long; Li, Qiang; Lu, Qing; Yu, Yanchong; Li, Shuo; Bai, Ming‐yi; Hu, Yuxin; Xiang, Fengning
- The plant journal 2016 v.87 no.4 pp. 391-402
- Arabidopsis thaliana; auxins; callus; callus formation; cytokinins; genetically modified organisms; mutants; phenotype; tissue culture; transcription (genetics); transgenes
- ... In tissue culture systems plant cells can be induced to regenerate to whole plants. A particularly striking example of cellular reprogramming is seen in this regeneration process, which typically begins with the induction of an intermediate cell mass referred to as callus. The identity of the key genetic cues associated with callus formation is still largely unknown. Here a microRNA‐directed phyto ...
- Behmüller, Robert; Kavkova, Eva; Düh, Stefanie; Huber, Christian G.; Tenhaken, Raimund
- The plant journal 2016 v.87 no.4 pp. 376-390
- Arabidopsis; apoptosis; arabinose; binding sites; carbon; cell walls; cytosol; energy; galactose; gene expression regulation; genetic markers; glucose; glycoproteins; glycosyltransferases; homoserine; mutants; point mutation; polymers; signal transduction; starvation; toxicity
- ... Plant cell wall polymers are synthesized by glycosyltransferases using nucleotide sugars as substrates. Most UDP‐sugars are synthesized from UDP‐glucose via de novo pathways but salvage pathways work in parallel to recycle sugars, which have been released during cell wall polymer and glycoprotein turnover. Here we report on the cloning and biochemical analysis of two arabinokinases in Arabidopsis. ...