Jump to Main Content
- Hay, Angela S.; Pieper, Bjorn; Cooke, Elizabeth; Mandáková, Terezie; Cartolano, Maria; Tattersall, Alexander D.; Ioio, Raffaele D.; McGowan, Simon J.; Barkoulas, Michalis; Galinha, Carla; Rast, Madlen I.; Hofhuis, Hugo; Then, Christiane; Plieske, Jörg; Ganal, Martin; Mott, Richard; Martinez‐Garcia, Jaime F.; Carine, Mark A.; Scotland, Robert W.; Gan, Xiangchao; Filatov, Dmitry A.; Lysak, Martin A.; Tsiantis, Miltos
- The plant journal 2014 v.78 no.1 pp. 1-15
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Cardamine; chromosomes; genetic variation; genotype; human genetics; inbred lines; karyotyping; phenotype; plant breeding; quantitative trait loci
- ... A major goal in biology is to identify the genetic basis for phenotypic diversity. This goal underpins research in areas as diverse as evolutionary biology, plant breeding and human genetics. A limitation for this research is no longer the availability of sequence information but the development of functional genetic tools to understand the link between changes in sequence and phenotype. Here we d ...
- Lou, Qunfeng; Zhang, Yunxia; He, Yuhua; Li, Ji; Jia, Li; Cheng, Chunyan; Guan, Wei; Yang, Shuqiong; Chen, Jinfeng
- The plant journal 2014 v.78 no.1 pp. 169-179
- Cucumis sativus; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; cucumbers; evolution; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genes; karyotyping; polymerase chain reaction; repetitive sequences
- ... Chromosome painting based on fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) has played an important role in chromosome identification and research into chromosome rearrangements, diagnosis of chromosome abnormalities and evolution in human and animal species. However, it has not been applied widely in plants due to the large amounts of dispersed repetitive sequences in chromosomes. In the present work, ...