Jump to Main Content
- Wen, Rui; Wang, Sheng; Xiang, Daoquan; Venglat, Prakash; Shi, Xianzong; Zang, Yuepeng; Datla, Raju; Xiao, Wei; Wang, Hong
- The plant journal 2014 v.80 no.3 pp. 424-436
- lysine, etc ; Arabidopsis; animals; enzyme activity; genes; indole acetic acid; mutants; phenotype; proteins; root hairs; ubiquitination; yeasts; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Unlike conventional lysine (K) 48–linked polyubiquitination, K63‐linked polyubiquitination plays signaling roles in yeast and animals. Thus far, UBC13 is the only known ubiquitin‐conjugating enzyme (E2) specialized in K63‐linked polyubiquitination. Previous identification of Arabidopsis genes encoding UBC13 as well as its interacting partner UEV1 indicates that the UBC13‐mediated ubiquitination pa ...
- Conrad, Liza J.; Khanday, Imtiyaz; Johnson, Cameron; Guiderdoni, Emmanuel; An, Gynheung; Vijayraghavan, Usha; Sundaresan, Venkatesan
- The plant journal 2014 v.80 no.5 pp. 883-894
- lysine, etc ; Arabidopsis; chromatin; flowers; gene expression regulation; genes; histones; meristems; mutants; precipitin tests; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rice; transcription (genetics); transcriptomics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2) represses the transcriptional activity of target genes through trimethylation of lysine 27 of histone H3. The functions of plant PRC2 have been chiefly described in Arabidopsis, but specific functions in other plant species, especially cereals, are still largely unknown. Here we characterize mutants in the rice EMF2B gene, an ortholog of the Arabidopsis EMBRYON ...