Jump to Main Content
- Rook, F.; Gerrits, N.; Kortstee, A.; Kampen, M. van.; Borrias, M.; Weisbeek, P.; Smeekens, S.
- The plant journal 1998 v.15 no.2 pp. 253-263
- recombinant DNA, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; sucrose; transcription factors; gene expression; light; plant tissues; transgenic plants; beta-glucuronidase; reporter genes; glucose; fructose; messenger RNA; protein synthesis; promoter regions; regulator genes; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The Arabidopsis bZIP transcription factor gene ATB2 has been shown previously to be expressed in a light-regulated and tissue-specific way. Here we describe the precise localization of ATB2 expression, using transgenic lines containing an ATB2 promoter-GUS reporter gene construct. The observed expression pattern suggests a role for ATB2 in the control of processes associated with the transport or ...
- Marzabal, P.; Busk, P.K.; Ludevid, M.D.; Torrent, M.
- The plant journal 1998 v.16 no.1 pp. 41-52
- recombinant DNA, etc ; Zea mays; transgenic plants; zein; endosperm; biolistics; beta-glucuronidase; reporter genes; transcriptional activation; nucleotide sequences; transcription factors; luciferase; genetic transformation; promoter regions; transcription (genetics); Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The proximal region of the gamma-zein promoter (gammaZ) a functional bifactorial prolamin box element containing two cis-acting elements, a prolamin-box motif (Pb3) and a GCN4-like motif (GZM). By particle bombardment of maize endosperms with 5' deletions and internal deletions of gammaZ fused to the GUS gene, we have shown that a 135 bp region containing the bifactorial element is involved in the ...