Jump to Main Content
- Shah, H.; Klessig, D.F.
- The plant journal 1996 v.10 no.6 pp. 1089-1101
- recombinant DNA, etc ; transcription factors; Tobacco mosaic virus; transgenic plants; mutation; beta-glucanase; gene expression; hypersensitive response; Nicotiana tabacum; salicylic acid; disease resistance; reporter genes; binding sites; promoter regions; beta-glucuronidase; leaves; defense mechanisms; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The tobacco pathogenesis-related PR-2d gene encodes an acidic beta-1,3-glucanase. Expression of the PR-2d:uidA(GUS) chimeric gene is induced in leaves undergoing the hypersensitive resistance response to tobacco mosaic virus and after treatment with salicylic acid (SA), a chemical believed to play an important role(s) in disease resistance. We have constructed transgenic tobacco plants which carry ...
- Bate, N.; Spurr, C.; Foster, G.D.; Twell, D.
- The plant journal 1996 v.10 no.4 pp. 613-623
- recombinant DNA, etc ; messenger RNA; biolistics; transgenic plants; Agrobacterium radiobacter; plasmid vectors; luciferase; gene expression; pollen tubes; Nicotiana tabacum; reporter genes; pollen; promoter regions; plant proteins; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The tomato lat52 gene encodes an abundant protein specifically expressed in the vegetative cell of the pollen grain during pollen maturation which is essential for normal pollen tube growth. Multiple upstream cis-regulatory elements controlling the level and specificity of lat52 transcription have previously been identified. This research investigated the role of the 5'-untranslated region (5'-UTR ...