Jump to Main Content
- Sheen, J.; Hwang, S.; Niwa, Y.; Kobayashi, H.; Galbraith, D.M.
- The plant journal 1995 v.8 no.5 pp. 777-784
- recombinant DNA, etc ; Scyphozoa; reporter genes; fluorescence; protoplasts; transfection; genetic markers; gene expression; Zea mays; Arabidopsis thaliana; promoter regions; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The green-fluorescent protein (GFP) from jellyfish Aequorea victoria has been used as a convenient new vital marker in various heterologous systems. However, it has been problematic to express GFP in higher eukaryotes, especially in higher plants. This paper reports that either a strong constitutive or a heat-shock promoter can direct the expression of GFP which is easily detectable in maize mesop ...
- Kunze, R.; Kuhn, S.; Jones, J.D.G.; Scofield, S.R.
- The plant journal 1995 v.8 no.1 pp. 45-54
- recombinant DNA, etc ; crossing; Nicotiana tabacum; Petunia hybrida; transposons; plasmid vectors; transgenic plants; genetic transformation; dissociation; streptomycin; seedlings; reporter genes; epistasis; gene expression; site-directed mutagenesis; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The properties have been investigated of two deletion derivatives of the transposase protein (TPase) of maize transposable element Ac in transgenic tobacco. The wildtype and mutant TPases were expressed as fusions to the cauliflower mosaic virus 35S promoter. A deletion of 102 amino acids from the N-terminus, TPase(103-807), induces Ds excisions from a SPT::Ds reporter locus with a higher frequenc ...