Jump to Main Content
- Meyer, Peter, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The plant journal 2012 v.71 no.6 pp. 1029-1037
- Arabidopsis thaliana; DNA methylation; genes; germ cells; loci; mutants; transfer DNA
- ... Arabidopsis METHYLTRANSFERASE 1 (MET1) controls faithful maintenance of cytosine methylation at CG sites in repetitive regions and central body regions of active genes. If MET1 is removed in a mutant background, CG methylation is lost and is only restored in specific heterochromatic regions that have maintained competence for re‐methylation due to the presence of small RNAs and the RNA‐directed DN ...
- Meyer, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The plant journal 2002 v.29 no.6 pp. 797-808
- Agrobacterium; Petunia hybrida; adenosine; apical dominance; cytokinins; flowering; genes; growth and development; phenotype; plant growth; tobacco; transferases; zeatin
- ... Cytokinins (CKs) are phytohormones that play an important role in plant growth and development. Although the first naturally produced CK, zeatin, was isolated almost four decades ago, no endogenous gene has been shown to produce active CKs in planta. In an activation tagging experiment we have identified a petunia line that showed CK‐specific effects including enhanced shooting, reduced apical dom ...