Jump to Main Content
- Chapman, M.; Woods, G.R.T.; Ladha, C.; Westgarth, C.; German, A.J.
- The veterinary journal 2019 v.243 pp. 65-73
- body condition; dogs; low calorie diet; neck; obesity; pets; physical activity; randomized clinical trials; therapeutics; thorax; weight loss
- ... Canine obesity is usually managed with a combination of dietary caloric restriction and increasing physical activity, but no previous study has compared both of these strategies in a prospective randomised controlled trial. Thirteen overweight dogs (body condition score 6–9/9) were randomised to one of two interventions: dietary caloric restriction or physical activity. The dietary caloric restric ...
- Soetart, N.; Rochel, D.; Drut, A.; Jaillardon, L.
- The veterinary journal 2019 v.243 pp. 15-20
- appetite; blood serum; cohort studies; dogs; folic acid; gastrointestinal system; males; nutrient uptake; prognosis; risk factors; therapeutics; vitamin B12
- ... Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) in dogs is a gastrointestinal condition leading to a severe impairment of nutrient absorption. The disease is frequently associated with vitamin disturbances especially regarding cobalamin and folate. Dogs with EPI need daily expensive supportive treatment. The aim of the present study was to identify prognostic factors for EPI in dogs, through a long-term s ...