Jump to Main Content
- van Duijn, L.; Veldhuis, A.M.B.; Mars, M.H.; de Roo, B.; Lam, T.J.G.M.
- The veterinary journal 2019 v.245 pp. 55-60
- laws and regulations; dairy herds; antigen detection; antibodies; farmers; farms; Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1; dairy farming; subsidies; neonates; calves; Netherlands
- ... The outcomes of a voluntary bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) control programme that has been in place in the Netherlands since 1997 were analysed. This ‘BVDV-free’ programme was studied in dairy herds in the period 1 August 2007 to 1 August 2013. The programme was based on a test and cull approach at the herd level, after which the BVDV status was monitored by testing young stock for antibodies ...
- Udraite Vovk, L.; Watson, A.; Dodds, W.J.; Klinger, C.J.; Classen, J.; Mueller, R.S.
- The veterinary journal 2019 v.245 pp. 1-6
- antibodies; blood sampling; blood serum; dermatitis; dogs; elimination diets; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; food allergies; food composition; immunoglobulin A; immunoglobulin E; immunoglobulin M; pet foods; reference standards; saliva
- ... An elimination diet (ED) followed by re-challenge has been the reference standard to diagnose adverse food reactions (AFR) in dogs, but can be challenging to conduct. This study investigated the accuracy of a saliva-based test for food-specific IgA and IgM and an ELISA serum test for food-specific IgE. Three groups of dogs were tested. Group 1 (n=11) included dogs with previously diagnosed and con ...