Jump to Main Content
- Bartoszuk, U.; Keene, B.W.; Baron Toaldo, M.; Pereira, N.; Summerfield, N.; Novo Matos, J.; Glaus, T.M.
- The veterinary journal 2019 v.243 pp. 21-25
- blood serum; cardiomyopathy; cat diseases; cats; clinical examination; death; echocardiography; heart rate; monitoring; prognosis; radiography; tachycardia; troponin I
- ... Arrhythmias can complicate cardiac disease in cats and are a potential cause of sudden death. The aim of this study was to evaluate the presence and nature of cardiac arrhythmias, and the potential correlation between plasma serum troponin I (cTnI) concentrations and the presence or severity of arrhythmias in cats with decompensated (dHCM) and compensated hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (cHCM). Forty ...
- Chen, H.; Avital, Y.; Bruchim, Y.; Aroch, I.; Segev, G.
- The veterinary journal 2019 v.243 pp. 77-81
- cat diseases; cats; confidence interval; creatinine; heat stress; kidney diseases; kidneys; mortality
- ... Acute kidney injury (AKI) in cats is associated with high mortality, partially attributed to late recognition of the disease when using currently available markers. Feline chronic kidney disease (CKD) has a variable progression rate. This study aimed to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of urinary heat shock protein-72 to urinary creatinine ratio (uHSP72:uCr) as a diagnostic and prognostic ...