Jump to Main Content
- Paltrinieri, Saverio, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The veterinary journal 2013 v.198 no.1 pp. 109-115
- C-reactive protein; biomarkers; blood serum; creatinine; dogs; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; homocysteine; hypertension; inflammation; kidney diseases; proteinuria; systolic blood pressure
- ... This study was aimed at determining the serum concentration of homocysteine (Hcy) and big endothelin-1 (big ET-1, the precursor of endothelin) in dogs with chronic kidney disease (CKD) with and without hypertension, proteinuria and inflammation, in order to explore their role as biomarkers of hypertension associated with CKD. Hcy and big ET-1 were measured using an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assa ...
- Paltrinieri, Saverio, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The veterinary journal 2013 v.198 no.1 pp. 43-47
- dog diseases; dogs; leishmaniasis; monitoring; parasite load; patients; prognosis; proteinuria; therapeutics
- ... This review presents the consensus opinion of the Canine Leishmaniasis Working Group on the prognosis and monitoring of leishmaniasis in dogs. While the prognosis for both exposed and infected dogs is considered to be favourable, this changes if infection progresses to overt disease. For clinically affected animals undergoing treatment, the prognosis is dictated by the severity of the signs (and i ...