Jump to Main Content
- Ho, Hoang Vi Thanh; Jovanovski, Elena; Zurbau, Andreea; Blanco Mejia, Sonia; Sievenpiper, John L; Au-Yeung, Fei; Jenkins, Alexandra L; Duvnjak, Lea; Leiter, Lawrence; Vuksan, Vladimir
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1239-1247
- adults; apolipoprotein B; cardiovascular diseases; children; databases; dietary recommendations; konjac mannan; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; meta-analysis; models; randomized clinical trials; soluble fiber; systematic review
- ... Background: Evidence from randomized controlled trials (RCTs) suggests the consumption of konjac glucomannan (KJM), a viscous soluble fiber, for improving LDL-cholesterol concentrations. It has also been suggested that the cholesterol-lowering potential of KJM may be greater than that of other fibers. However, trials have been relatively scarce and limited in sample size and duration, and the effe ...
- Vesper, Hubert W; Caudill, Samuel P; Kuiper, Heather C; Yang, Quanhe; Ahluwalia, Namanjeet; Lacher, David A; Pirkle, James L
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1063-1069
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey; adults; blood; cardiovascular diseases; elaidic acid; food additives; food intake; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; geometry; models; nationalities and ethnic groups; public health; vaccenic acid; United States
- ... Background: The consumption of trans fatty acids (TFAs) is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, and reducing their consumption is a major public health objective. Food intake studies have provided estimates for TFA concentrations in the US population; however, there is a need for data on TFA blood concentrations in the population. Objective: The objective of this study was ...
- PubMed Central: