Jump to Main Content
- Ho, Hoang Vi Thanh; Jovanovski, Elena; Zurbau, Andreea; Blanco Mejia, Sonia; Sievenpiper, John L; Au-Yeung, Fei; Jenkins, Alexandra L; Duvnjak, Lea; Leiter, Lawrence; Vuksan, Vladimir
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1239-1247
- adults; apolipoprotein B; cardiovascular diseases; children; databases; dietary recommendations; konjac mannan; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; meta-analysis; models; randomized clinical trials; soluble fiber; systematic review
- ... Background: Evidence from randomized controlled trials (RCTs) suggests the consumption of konjac glucomannan (KJM), a viscous soluble fiber, for improving LDL-cholesterol concentrations. It has also been suggested that the cholesterol-lowering potential of KJM may be greater than that of other fibers. However, trials have been relatively scarce and limited in sample size and duration, and the effe ...
- Evans, Charlotte EL; Greenwood, Darren C; Threapleton, Diane E; Gale, Chris P; Cleghorn, Christine L; Burley, Victoria J
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1176-1190
- computer software; databases; diastolic blood pressure; diet; glycemic index; hypertension; meta-analysis; models; randomized clinical trials; risk factors; systematic review; systolic blood pressure
- ... Background: High blood pressure is a strong risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Objective: The aim of this study was to determine the associations of dietary glycemic index (GI) and glycemic load (GL) with systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure (DBP) in healthy individuals. Design: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) was carried out. ...