Jump to Main Content
- Ho, Hoang Vi Thanh; Jovanovski, Elena; Zurbau, Andreea; Blanco Mejia, Sonia; Sievenpiper, John L; Au-Yeung, Fei; Jenkins, Alexandra L; Duvnjak, Lea; Leiter, Lawrence; Vuksan, Vladimir
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1239-1247
- adults; apolipoprotein B; cardiovascular diseases; children; databases; dietary recommendations; konjac mannan; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; meta-analysis; models; randomized clinical trials; soluble fiber; systematic review
- ... Background: Evidence from randomized controlled trials (RCTs) suggests the consumption of konjac glucomannan (KJM), a viscous soluble fiber, for improving LDL-cholesterol concentrations. It has also been suggested that the cholesterol-lowering potential of KJM may be greater than that of other fibers. However, trials have been relatively scarce and limited in sample size and duration, and the effe ...
- Darrouzet-Nardi, Amelia F
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.2 pp. 485-493
- child development; children; complementary foods; databases; death; georeferencing; health surveys; infant feeding; models; pregnancy; rural areas; urban areas; Africa
- ... Background: Civil wars and wars between states have occurred less frequently since the start of the 21st century, but civil insecurity outside the contexts of official wars continues to plague many parts of the world. The nutritional consequences of civil insecurity may disproportionately affect children, especially if experienced during sensitive developmental periods. Objectives: This study esti ...