Jump to Main Content
- McNaughton, Sarah A, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2016 v.104 no.2 pp. 436-445
- behavior change; behavior modification; cost effectiveness; data collection; food purchasing; fruit consumption; fruit products; randomized clinical trials; sales; supermarkets; surveys; vegetable consumption; vegetables; women; Australia
- ... Background: Behavioral interventions show potential for promoting increased fruit and vegetable consumption in the general population. However, little is known about their effectiveness or cost-effectiveness among socioeconomically disadvantaged groups, who are less likely to consume adequate fruit and vegetables. Objective: This study investigated the effects and costs of a behavior change interv ...
- McNaughton, Sarah A, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2015 v.101 no.5 pp. 1055-1064
- behavior change; bottled water; cost effectiveness; females; frozen vegetables; fruit consumption; healthy diet; prices; purchasing; randomized clinical trials; supermarkets; surveys; vegetable consumption; vegetables; Australia
- ... Background: Fiscal strategies are increasingly considered upstream nutrition promotion measures. However, few trials have investigated the effectiveness or cost effectiveness of pricing manipulations on diet in real-world settings. Objective: We assessed the effects on fruit, vegetable, and beverage purchasing and consumption of a 20% price-reduction intervention, a tailored skills-based behavior- ...