Jump to Main Content
- Herrera, Fabiany; Mitchell, John D.; Pell, Susan K.; Collinson, Margaret E.; Daly, Douglas C.; Manchester, Steven R.
- TheBotanical review 2018 v.84 no.4 pp. 315-393
- Buchanania; Cyrtocarpa; fossils; fruits; germination; monophyly; tropics
- ... The Spondioideae subfamily of the Anacardiaceae is widely distributed today in tropical regions. Recent molecular phylogenetic investigations indicate that the Spondioideae are not monophyletic, but rather comprise at least two separate clades that are difficult to distinguish using vegetative and floral characters. Nevertheless, the syndrome of fruit characters traditionally used in identifying t ...
- Myster, Randall W.
- TheBotanical review 2018 v.84 no.4 pp. 394-410
- Euphorbiaceae; Swartzia; Virola; aboveground biomass; basal area; basins; databases; ecosystems; forest litter; forest types; runoff; species richness; stems; tree and stand measurements; trees
- ... The Amazon contains some of the most critical ecosystems on earth and Igapó forests are one of those ecosystems. They are flooded by “black-water”, leached runoff of forest litter. To help in our understanding of igapó forests, and to act as a resource for their future research, I review what we know about their composition and structure. I used my own sampling data to construct floristics tables ...