Jump to Main Content
- Triplitt, Curtis L.
- TheDiabetes educator 2012 v.38 no.4_suppl pp. 23S-30S
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; adverse effects; agonists; comorbidity; diabetic complications; elderly; glycemic control; hyperglycemia; hypoglycemia; insulin; longevity; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; renal failure; risk reduction; weight loss; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this article is to review clinical issues related to the management of hyperglycemia in older patients with diabetes of long duration. Older adults represent an extensive proportion of patients with type 2 diabetes. Treatment goals need to be individualized to take into account comorbid conditions, life expectancy, diabetes complications, and the benefits of glycemic control. For bo ...
- Peters, Anne
- TheDiabetes educator 2012 v.38 no.4_suppl pp. 13S-21S
- glucagon-like peptide 1, etc ; agonists; comorbidity; glucose; glycemic control; hyperlipidemia; hypertension; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; patients; therapeutics; weight loss; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this article is to review the treatment of a patient with type 2 diabetes who is commonly seen in practice—specifically, a middle-aged obese patient with micro- and macrovascular complications whose A1C rises after therapeutic intervention. Discussion of glucose management, as well as hypertension, dyslipidemia, and obesity comorbidities, is included. The key to successful treatment ...