Jump to Main Content
- Finch, Tom; Branston, Claire; Clewlow, Harriet; Dunning, Jamie; Franco, Aldina M. A.; Račinskis, Edmunds; Schwartz, Timothée; Butler, Simon J.
- TheIbis 2019 v.161 no.3 pp. 573-589
- Coracias garrulus, etc ; birds; breeding; foraging; habitats; insectivores; intraspecific variation; nesting sites; probability; reproductive success; France; Latvia; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... To maximize the effectiveness of conservation interventions, it is crucial to have an understanding of how intraspecific variation determines the relative importance of potential limiting factors. For bird populations, limiting factors include nest‐site availability and foraging resources, with the former often addressed through the provision of artificial nestboxes. However, the effectiveness of ...
- Catry, Inês; Sampaio, Ana; Silva, Mónica C.; Moreira, Francisco; Franco, Aldina M. A.; Catry, Teresa
- TheIbis 2019 v.161 no.2 pp. 272-285
- Coracias garrulus, etc ; Coleoptera; Tettigoniidae; adults; birds; blood; cameras; carbon; diet study techniques; evolution; females; food choices; foraging; grasshoppers; habitat conservation; intraspecific variation; males; nestlings; niches; nitrogen; nutrition information; pellets; prey species; stable isotopes; video recording; Europe; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Diet studies are crucial for understanding the ecology and evolution of species, as well as for establishing appropriate conservation and management strategies. However, they remain methodologically challenging due to variation between seasons, sites, sexes or age groups and even variation between individuals. Due to method‐specific characteristics and biases, a combination of existing techniques ...