Jump to Main Content
- Stephen, Lynn
- TheJournal of peasant studies 2019 v.46 no.2 pp. 229-257
- children; males; men; violence; women; Guatemala; Latin America; United States
- ... I use the concept of gendered embodied structures of violence as the analytical framework for illustrating how in rural Huehuetenango, Guatemala, historical and contemporary structures and processes of violence which center the normalization of multiple forms of implied or actual physical and sexual violence against women (and often other men and children) continue to undermine efforts to strength ...
- Correia, Joel E.
- TheJournal of peasant studies 2019 v.46 no.2 pp. 316-336
- ecology; environmental governance; industry; politics; soybeans; territoriality; transgenic plants; violence; Latin America; Paraguay
- ... Soy production has radically transformed the social, ecological, territorial and political form of Paraguay. This paper traces waves of sojización – soy territorialization – to analyze how soybean resource politics are changing environmental governance and state–society relations in Paraguay. I argue that political, social and ecological ruptures mark each territorialization: agrarian reforms that ...