Jump to Main Content
- Enns, Charis
- TheJournal of peasant studies 2019 v.46 no.2 pp. 358-376
- economic development; land use change; landscapes; politics; railroads; rural areas; trade; Ethiopia; Kenya; Sudan
- ... In 2012, construction began on the Lamu Port–South Sudan–Ethiopia Transport (LAPSSET) corridor in northern Kenya. Once complete, LAPSSET will connect Kenya, South Sudan and Ethiopia with a new transport infrastructure, including a highway, railway and pipeline. Authorities promise that LAPSSET will drive economic growth by improving trade and attracting investors while also stimulating development ...
- Daigle, Michelle
- TheJournal of peasant studies 2019 v.46 no.2 pp. 297-315
- food sovereignty; foodways; harvesting; landscapes; politics; Ontario
- ... Food sovereignty scholars are increasingly re-conceptualizing sovereignty by accounting for its diverse expressions across space according to specific histories, identities, and local socio-ecological realities and dynamics. In grappling with the multiple bases of sovereignty, attention has been directed toward Indigenous food sovereignty in North America. Specifically, food scholars are examining ...