Jump to Main Content
- Huether, Jeffrey P.; Huether, Mark K.; Harman, Alexander J.
- ThePan-Pacific entomologist 2018 v.94 no.1 pp. 33-39
- Epicauta; Lytta; adults; new host records; Mexico; United States
- ... This paper is the second in a series providing distributional and biological notes for 52 species and subspecies of Meloidae in the U.S.A. and Mexico in the genera Epicauta Dejean, 1834, Eupompha LeConte, 1858, Gnathium Kirby, 1818, Linsleya MacSwain, 1951, Lytta Fabricius, 1775, Meloe Linnaeus, 1758, Nemognatha Illiger, 1807, Phodaga LeConte, 1858, Pyrota Dejean, 1834, and Rhyphonemognatha LeCont ...
- Hanson, Thor; Ascher, John S.
- ThePan-Pacific entomologist 2018 v.94 no.1 pp. 4-16
- Angiospermae; Anthophora; Apidae; abandoned land; conifers; females; habitats; islands; landscapes; nesting; solitary bees; wasps; Washington (state)
- ... Large aggregations of solitary bees have been reported from natural and managed landscapes where abundant nesting habitat and floral resources co-occur. Here we describe an unusually large aggregation of the bee Anthophora (Melea) bomboides Kirby, 1838 (Hymenoptera: Apidae) nesting in a coastal bluff in San Juan County, Washington State. Nest densities as high as 630/m² were recorded along a steep ...