Jump to Main Content
- Macías-Duarte, Alberto, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- TheWilson journal of ornithology 2019 v.131 no.1 pp. 72-83
- Bayesian theory; Cenchrus ciliaris; habitat destruction; habitats; models; nesting; nests; normalized difference vegetation index; phenology; prairies; probability; rain; reproductive success; seasonal variation; shrubs; summer; Mexico
- ... We determined the effect of the seasonal distribution of summer rainfall and associated seasonal changes in vegetation on the timing of reproduction and reproductive success of the Rufous-winged Sparrow (Peucaea carpalis) in the plains of central Sonora, Mexico, and influence of exotic buffelgrass (Pennisetum ciliare). We monitored 302 nests twice weekly from early July to early October of 2012–20 ...
- Macías-Duarte, Alberto, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- TheWilson journal of ornithology 2018 v.130 no.2 pp. 445-456
- Ammodramus bairdii; Ammodramus savannarum; Bouteloua curtipendula; Bouteloua gracilis; Cenchrus ciliaris; Eragrostis lehmanniana; Leptochloa dubia; Melinis repens; Passerculus sandwichensis; birds; energy intake; energy requirements; grass seed; grasses; grasshoppers; grasslands; seed size; seeds; Chihuahuan Desert
- ... The invasion of exotic grasses is a potential threat to the winter habitat of migratory grassland birds by reducing native sources of seed food. We compared seed preferences among 3 native (blue grama [Bouteloua gracilis], sideoats grama [Bouteloua curtipendula], and green sprangletop [Leptochloa dubia]), and 3 exotic (Lehmann lovegrass [Eragrostis lehmanniana], buffelgrass [Pennisetum ciliare], a ...