Jump to Main Content
- Mjachina, Ksenya V.; Baynard, Chris. W.; Chibilyev, Alexander A.; Richardson, Robert D.
- Theinternational journal of sustainable development and world ecology 2018 v.25 no.6 pp. 541-553
- case studies; energy; energy resources; environmental degradation; geographic information systems; landscapes; morphometry; oils; remote sensing; roads; semiarid zones; steppes; surface water; surveys; topographic aspect; Russia
- ... Exploration and development of oil and gas (O&G) energy resources can create large-scale and permanent landscape effects that are best measured and understood via fieldwork and geospatial technologies. In this article, we examine O&G surface disturbance in the Orenburg steppe region of southwestern Russia for the year 2015. Utilizing field surveys, remote-sensing data and geographic information sy ...
- Jannat, Morgubatul; Hossain, Mohammed Kamal; Uddin, Mohammad Main; Hossain, Md. Akhter; Kamruzzaman, Md.
- Theinternational journal of sustainable development and world ecology 2018 v.25 no.6 pp. 554-561
- case studies; educational status; environmental policy; forest management; forest resources; forests; hills; income; livelihood; people; rural communities; socioeconomic factors; Bangladesh
- ... The study was conducted to investigate people’s forest dependency and contributions of forests to the livelihoods in the three hill districts of Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT), Bangladesh. The study revealed that forest resources contribute significantly to rural community’s livelihoods and economic well-being. Using generalized logistic regressions, this study has also investigated the socioeconomi ...