Jump to Main Content
- Kalule, Stephen W.; Sseguya, Haroon; Ongeng, Duncan; Karubanga, Gabriel
- Thejournal of agricultural education and extension 2019 v.25 no.3 pp. 211-225
- attitudes and opinions; farmers; farms; higher education; learning; models; outreach; structural equation modeling; students
- ... Purpose: This study elucidates on how faculty supervision support to students during farm placements and other facilitating conditions influence farmer learning in the student-centred university outreach. Methodology/Design/Approach: Cross-sectional data were collected from a sample of 283 farmers who had previously hosted students of Gulu University in the student-to-farmer university outreach. S ...
- Khumairoh, Uma; Lantinga, Egbert A.; Suprayogo, Didik; Schulte, Rogier P. O.; Groot, Jeroen C. J.
- Thejournal of agricultural education and extension 2019 v.25 no.3 pp. 227-243
- agroecosystems; animals; curriculum; databases; farmers; focus groups; learning; monitoring; plants (botany); researchers; rice; rural development; surveys
- ... Purpose: Complex rice systems (CRSs) are polycultures of plants and animals that enhance ecological processes contributing to sustainable and profitable farming systems. However, the contextual management complexity can hamper adoption, despite the large long-term benefits that CRSs offer. This paper aimed to provide a method that encourages active farmer involvement and integrates farmer’s feedba ...