Jump to Main Content
- Grinath, Joshua B.; Deguines, Nicolas; Chesnut, John W.; Prugh, Laura R.; Brashares, Justin S.; Suding, Katharine N.
- Thejournal of ecology 2018 v.106 no.4 pp. 1454-1469
- Dipodomys; animals; botanical composition; burrows; community structure; ecosystem engineering; ecosystem management; ecosystems; foraging; forbs; grasses; grasslands; growing season; herbivores; legumes; models; phytomass; plant communities; prediction; rain; temporal variation
- ... Multiyear precipitation “legacies” can have stronger effects on plant community composition than rainfall in the current growing season, but variation in the magnitude of these effects is not fully understood. Direct interactions between plants and animals, such as herbivory, and indirect interactions, such as ecosystem engineering (via changes in the physical environment), may influence precipita ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Saiz, Hugo; Gómez‐Gardeñes, Jesús; Borda, Juan Pablo; Maestre, Fernando T.
- Thejournal of ecology 2018 v.106 no.4 pp. 1443-1453
- arid lands; climate; environmental factors; geography; models; perennials; plant communities; soil quality; species diversity; structural equation modeling; terrestrial ecosystems; topography; Antarctica
- ... Despite commonly used to unveil the complex structure of interactions within ecological communities and their value to assess their resilience against external disturbances, network analyses have seldom been applied in plant communities. We evaluated how plant–plant spatial association networks vary in global drylands and assessed whether network structure was related to plant diversity in these e ...
- PubMed Central: