Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Peng; Jia, Yijuan; Shi, Jinxia; Chen, Chen; Ye, Wenwu; Wang, Yuanchao; Ma, Wenbo; Qiao, Yongli
- Thenew phytologist 2019 v.223 no.2 pp. 839-852
- Phytophthora sojae, etc ; Arabidopsis; Nicotiana benthamiana; Phytophthora capsici; Phytophthora nicotianae var. parasitica; RNA; RNA interference; biogenesis; host plants; innate immunity; mutants; mutation; pathogens; plant development; soybeans; tandem repeat sequences; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Phytophthora pathogens manipulate host innate immunity by secreting numerous RxLR effectors, thereby facilitating pathogen colonization. Predicted single and tandem repeats of WY domains are the most prominent C‐terminal motifs conserved across the Phytophthora RxLR superfamily. However, the functions of individual WY domains in effectors remain poorly understood. The Phytophthora sojae effector P ...
- Yang, Bo; Wang, Yuyin; Guo, Baodian; Jing, Maofeng; Zhou, Hao; Li, Yufei; Wang, Haonan; Huang, Jie; Wang, Yan; Ye, Wenwu; Dong, Suomeng; Wang, Yuanchao
- Thenew phytologist 2019 v.222 no.1 pp. 425-437
- Phytophthora sojae, etc ; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; biosynthesis; ethylene; ethylene production; fungal diseases of plants; innate immunity; liquid chromatography; mutants; plant pathogenic fungi; precipitin tests; proteins; soybeans; tandem mass spectrometry; virulence; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Phytophthora pathogens secrete many effector proteins to manipulate host innate immunity. PsAvh238 is a Phytophthora sojae N‐terminal Arg‐X‐Leu‐Arg (RXLR) effector, which evolved to escape host recognition by mutating one nucleotide while retaining plant immunity‐suppressing activity to enhance infection. However, the molecular basis of the PsAvh238 virulence function remains largely enigmatic. By ...