Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: shira?
- Jain, Shipra, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Theoretical and applied climatology 2019 v.137 no.1-2 pp. 1429-1447
- air temperature; models; monsoon season; summer; winter
- ... In this paper, the fidelity of 28 models under Coupled Model Inter-comparison Project Phase-5 is examined for the Indian summer monsoon for the historical period from 1975 to 2005. It is found that all models simulate the spatial distribution of the seasonal mean surface air temperatures (Tₐₛ) quite well (pattern correlation > 0.75), whereas the simulation of precipitation is found to be relativel ...
- Jain, Shipra, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Theoretical and applied climatology 2019 v.137 no.1-2 pp. 909-928
- air temperature; climate; models; monsoon season; observational studies; probability; troposphere
- ... In this paper, the performance of 28 CMIP5 models in simulating the climate of the Himalaya-Tibetan Plateau (HTP) for the recent past (1975–2005) is evaluated using the observations from the Asian Precipitation Highly-Resolved Observational Data Integration Towards Evaluation (APHRODITE). Many models realistically simulate the spatial distribution of surface air temperature (Tₐₛ) and precipitation ...